Really great discussion was had around planning what we want our neighborhood/our city to be. Grateful for all of the comments, points of view and conversation around where we live, its accessibility, affordability, and our future. Thanks to our guests David Stalheim (City of Everett, WA – Govt) and Mike Gaffney (Providence).
Here is a link to the minutes done by our secretary, Kristina. Thanks!
Thank you to our guest speakers:
- Police Officer Brandon Hoelzel
- Pam Kepford, 350.org / Reusable Bag Ordinance – EverettRBO@gmail.com
- Judy Tuohy, Everett City Council Liaison
- Eileen Hinckley – Everett Code Enforcement
- Holly James and Shelley Sutton – NWN Block Watch
- Kari Quaas – facilitator
Here are the Northwest Neighborhood Meeting Minutes October 18 2018 thanks to our secretary, Kristina Perry.
Here are some website links for help for seniors from Eileen Hinckley with Code Enforcement:
- Snohomish County Senior Information and Assistance: https://snohomishcountywa.gov/1031/Senior-Information-Assistance
- Here is a website for Senior resources: https://www.homage.org/contact-us/
- City of Everett Senior Center: https://everettwa.gov/seniors
And, here is her brief presentation:
Here’s a quick look at what Bill Sayer and the Cadman team including the below members presented.
- John Dick, Land Manager
- Rob Johnson, VP Operations (Concrete)
- Bill Sayer, VP Land Development
- Joerg Nixdorf, VP GM
Here’s the slide deck from the presentation about the Snohomish PUD Substation by (NW neighbor) Tom Hovde.
Here are our meeting minutes by Kristina Perry.
Sorry for our lack of photos. We got a few and promise to share them soon. We hope that the presentations will be useful and we are grateful to our guests!
— Kari Quaas, Chair/Facilitator
Thank you to our guests, Barbara George from the Everett Museum of History, and Timothy Knopf from Northwest Neighborhood’s Steering Committee who provided a bit of history of our association. Due to popular demand, as Tim continues his research, we’ll try to plug in “Tim’s Time” for future 15 minute installments of Northwest history. We had about 43 members in attendance. Minutes to come later.
We also elected officers – Kari Quaas, Chair; Kristina Perry, Secretary; Russ Kasselman, Treasurer; GeorgaDee MacLeod and Stephanie Prothero, Council of Neighborhood Reps, and John Sweeney as Alternate.
And here are Tim’s Terrific Slides (download as PDF):
Thank you to the following neighbors for continuing in their leadership roles for the next year! Also, we welcome a new volunteer as Council of Neighborhoods Alternate, John Sweeney.
Chair – Kari Quaas
Secretary – Kristina Perry
Treasurer – Russ Kasselman
Council of Neighborhood Representatives
- GeorgaDee MacLeod
- Stephanie Prothero
- John Sweeney (Alternate)
Congratulations and thank you for your dedication to Northwest Neighborhood!
(Vice Chair is still open. Contact the neighborhood at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.)
March 15, 2018
- Bob Hillman and Geoff Larsen from Everett Parks gave us an update on the playground at Legion Park and the shrubs at Grand Avenue Park, respectively.
- Cate Harrington from Take Back Our Neighborhood – Everett, North shared her passion for the Facebook group she founded, and their successes and challenges. We are welcome to join in any of their events. We may have them help us coordinate an alley cleanup tied to our May 19th Neighborhood Cleanup at EvCC.
- Thanks to all who brought non-perishable food for the EvCC Food Pantry.
Here are the March meeting minutes. Thanks, Kristina, for taking them!